Sunday, March 23, 2014

Maggie 3/23

As lead teaching comes to a close, I have been thinking ahead to next year. I have spent a lot of time (and will spend more, I'm sure) thinking about how I want to set up my classroom next year in order to be successful. I know that there isn't one "magic formula" for classroom management, but I know that there are definitely some techniques that work better than others.

I do know that I need to be fully prepared with what I want to do before going into my classroom on the first day of school. I am so excited to start visiting other schools and classrooms to see a wide variety of management systems, teaching styles, and ways of teaching content. I also hope to observe teachers/classrooms within Burton when I can, to see how things can differ within one school.

I too, am not looking forward to the end of our student teaching year, if just for the fact of leaving behind the students we have spent so much time and effort on this year. I have learned so much from them as students, but also as people. I have encountered difficult situations that have better prepared me to take on those situations on my own next year. It has been a long, difficult, but fulfilling year at Burton.

No comments:

Post a Comment