Sunday, March 16, 2014

Norah's Reflection 3/16

This past week was probably the most stressful week yet as an intern. As the units come to an end I've been reflecting on my assessments throughout and the how my lessons played out over the weeks. A couple of my students have been giving me a hard time, and I broke up my first fight. It's been frustrating to see them act out for attention.

My social studies unit, has not gone as planned so I've felt guilty not giving my students lesson that engage and excite them. On friday my lesson went much better. For the lesson we started out in another review where I pulled sticks to have students participate. Overall students did a good job recalling information. We created a book in which each page is dedicated to a specific idea. Students were responsible to write the definition and an example for each word. Half way through the review I played an interactive video on supply and demand. To finish out the lesson I had coupons clippings, advertisements, and a receipt with a coupon to represent positive incentives. Students had a chance to share other incentives they've seen.

Science also went much better this week. Each student is creating a book in science with each page dedicated to the sun, moon, and or Earth. I went through the end of the unit test again, to reflect on the big ideas that the district wants students to know. It was good to see the type of wording students will see on the unit test. I started the lesson out with a student led discussion on what they've already learned about the moon. I wrote down what students said and everyone followed by writing it on their own book. I made sure that all the big ideas were written down. Next we reviewed the phases of the moon, drew it on the book and then students participated in small groups with a phases activity. In groups of four students created the phases with Oreos. They were very excited and engaged in the lesson. It was great to have a successful lesson.

I'm feel in frustrated with the

No comments:

Post a Comment